If you are on this page, you’re here for a reason, Inspiration or Motivation that gives you a little push to get started or keep going. Sometimes life is hard on us, sometimes we are so confused that we are unable to find the meaning of life or the purpose, but we have to grow and move forward. But without the right motivation, it becomes difficult.
We have compiled top 25 inspirational and motivational quotes by Abraham Lincoln to keep you motivated. What could be more wonderful than learning from a person who have lived and shared the words of wisdom.
So, if you’re lacking motivation or need an inspiration to start again, get ready to fire up the light within you.
Inspirational & Motivational Quotes by Abraham Lincoln
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
- “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.”
- “My Best Friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.”
- “I will study and prepare myself, and someday my chance will come.”
- “Don’t worry when you are not recognized but strive to be worthy of recognition”
“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.”
- “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.”
- “Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then… find the way.”
- “Get books, sit yourself down anywhere, and go to reading them yourself.”
- “Be with a leader when he is right, stay with him when he is still right, but, leave him when he is wrong.”
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
- “Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality.”
- “A capacity, and taste, for reading, gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others. It is the key, or one of the keys, to the already solved problems. And not only so. It gives a relish, and facility, for successfully pursuing the [yet] unsolved ones.”
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”
- “Every man’s happiness is his own responsibility.”
- “Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.”
- “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”
- “I am not concerned that you have fallen — I am concerned that you arise.”
- “Investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
“The larger the island of knowledge the longer the shore line of wonder. Wonder rather than doubt is the root of knowledge.”
- “The struggle of today, is not altogether for today – it is for a vast future also.”
“Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.”
- “When I get ready to talk to people, I spend two thirds of the time thinking what they want to hear and one third thinking about what I want to say.”
- “Education does not mean teaching people what they do not know. It means teaching them to behave as they do not behave.”
“If you think you can you can, if you think you can’t you’re right!”
These quotes are a great way to boost the motivation, take the right steps, see life from a different lens and start your journey of inspiration. Life is not easy, it is full of up and downs, but such motivation makes it easy to sail through the hard part. Apart from quotes, books are an amazing source of inspiration, so let’s take a look at some of the books by Abraham Lincoln that you can add to your bookshelves.
Abraham Lincoln: Selected Speeches and Writings: A Library of America
Leadership Lessons of Abraham Lincoln: Strategies, Advice, and Words of Wisdom on Leadership, Responsibility, and Power
The Essential Lincoln