South Indian Bank (SIB) is inviting applications for the post of Probationary Officer (PO). The notification has already been issued by the bank, and the application process will start soon. Interested candidates should know that SIB is a private sector bank that has 852 branches across India.
Interested candidates should also check the eligibility criteria before applying for the vacancy. Without any further ado, let’s check eligibility, important dates, vacancy details, application fee, exam pattern and selection process.
- SIB has released the notification for the recruitment of probationary officer scale I on Dec 4, 2018.
- The application process will start from Dec 10, 2018.
- Last date to apply online is Dec 16, 2018.
- The last date to complete form is Dec 20, 2018.
- Candidates can complete their form by Dec 16, 2018.
- The Exam for SIB PO Recruitment 2018-19 will be held on Dec 29, 2018.
Bank: South Indian Bank (SIB)
Post Name: Probationary Officer in Scale I Cadre
Number of Post : To be notified soon
- The maximum age limit of the candidates should be 25 years as on Nov 30, 2018.
- Upper age limit relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST category candidates
- Candidates should have completed their high school, intermediate, and bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks each, under regular course, from a university recognized by the Government of India.
- Application fee is 800/- for General and OBC category candidates.
- Application fee is 200/- for SC/ST/PH category candidates.
Candidates can make fee payment through credit card, debit card, net banking and mobile wallet only.
The online test will be available in English language only. It will include questions from four sections, namely Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis and Interpretation, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness. Each section will include 40 questions of 50 marks, where candidates will get 40 minutes for each section.
Negative marking of ¼ will be done for every wrong answer. So, candidates should minimize guessing.
Also Read:-SBI PO 2019 – Exam Date, Application Form, Vacancies, Exam Pattern
- The selection process includes three phases, namely, Computer based test (CBT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Candidates will be shortlisted for GD and PI based on the marks obtained in the online test.
- Final selection of candidates will be made by the bank based on the consolidated marks obtained by candidate in the CBT, GD and PI.
Candidates must read the official notification released by SBI to know the programme and programme fee, or click here.
The Bottom Line
Candidates should note that South Indian Bank (SIB) will conduct the online exam to select candidates for its one-year Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance. On the successful completion of the graduate diploma, candidates will be recruited as Probationary Officers in Scale-I Cadre. To know more on the SIB PO Recruitment 2018-19, candidates can visit SIB’s official website.