RBI Grade B Recruitment 2019: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced various vacancies for Grade B officers. Every year RBI conducts an exam to fill vacancies of the Grade B officers in its branches spread across India. As Reserve Bank of India is the prime bank of India, it offers an excellent pay scale, which drives a huge number of candidates to appear for the exam. The vacancies announced for RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment 2019 are limited, but the number of candidates appearing for it are increasing with every passing year. RBI selects candidates through a 3 phase process that includes Preliminary, Main examination and Interview.
RBI Grade B 2019 Notification
The notification for the post of RBI Grade B Officer 2019 Exam was released on 20th September 2019. We have already mentioned that RBI Grade B 2019 exam has a three phase selection process, but only those candidates will be called for interview who will clear the preliminary and main exam.
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Dates
The exam dates for RBI Grade B Officer 2019 are announced in the official notification released. The important dates for RBI Grade B 2019 exam that interested candidates must know are:
- The application process for RBI Grade B Officer 2019 Exam started from 21st September 2019.
- End date for application submission and payment of fee is 11th October 2019.
- Phase I exam for Officers in Grade B (DR)-General will be held on Nov 9, 2019 and Phase –II exam is scheduled for Dec 1, 2019.
- The Phase I and II exams for Officer in Grade B (DR) – DEPR (Department of Economics and Policy Research) are scheduled for 9th Nov and 2nd Dec 2019, respectively.
- The Phase I and II exam for Officer Grade B (DR) – DSIM (Department of Statistics and Information Management) to be conducted on 9th Nov and 2nd Dec 2019, respectively.
RBI Grade B 2019 Application Fee
- Rs. 850/- is the application fee to be paid by candidates belonging to OBC and General category for RBI Grade B 2019 exam.
- Rs. 100/- is the application fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category.
RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment 2019 – Vacancy Details
Reserve Bank of India Services Board has invited applications form eligible candidates for filling the 199 vacancies. The RBI Grade B 2019 vacancies for different posts are:
- Officers in Grade B (DR) – General – 156
- Officers in Grade B (DR) – DEPR – 20
- Officers in Grade B (DR) – DSIM – 23
RBI Grade B 2019 Eligibility
- A candidate must not be less than 21 years in age and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on September 1, 2019.
- Candidates must have been born not before Sept 2, 1989 and not later than September 1, 1998.
- For candidates possessing Ph.D. and M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit is set as 34 and 32 years respectively.
- The candidates must be a graduate from a recognized university or institute with at least 60% marks in the graduation.
- The minimum percentage of marks is 50% for the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Candidates with Doctorate degree with aggregate 50% marks can also apply for RBI Grade B 2019 exam.
- Candidates having masters’ degree with minimum 55% marks can also apply for RBI Exam 2019.
- Candidates with post graduate diploma in management/Masters of Business administration are eligible to apply.
- Company Secretary, Chartered Accountant (CA), or Cost Accountant are also eligible.
RBI Grade B Officer 2019 Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam includes Preliminary, Main and Interview in the process of selection. Only those selected in prelim exam, can appear for main and those who clear main exam will be called for interview. Candidates who clear all the phases will be given the post of Grade B Officer in RBI.
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 – Pattern for Preliminary Exam
- The sections from which questions will be asked in the exam are General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Reasoning.
- 200 questions for 200 marks will be asked from different
sections. The number of questions and marks for the section is discussed below:
General Awareness – 80 questions for 80 marks
Quantative Aptitude – 30 questions for 30 marks
English Language – 30 questions for 30 marks
Reasoning – 60 questions for 60 marks
- The duration for the RBI Grade B 2019 exam is 2 hours.
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 – Pattern of Main Exam
- The sections from which questions will be asked in the RBI
Grade B 2019 Main Exam are:
Paper I (Objective) – Economics and Social Issues
Paper II (Descriptive) – English (Writing Skills)
Paper III (Descriptive) – Finance & Management
- Each paper will be of 100 marks for 90 minutes.
Reserve Bank of India Grade B Officer Interview Process
The candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their performance in the main exam. The aggregate marks obtained by candidates in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III in main exam will be calculated for shortlisting. RBI Grade B Officer Interview Process will carry a total of 50 marks.
Those who clear the interview round will be recruited as RBI Grade B Officers.
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Syllabus
The exam pattern clears the picture of RBI Grade B officer 2019 exam syllabus. However, to know the syllabus in detail candidates must read the official notification released by RBI.
RBI Grade B Salary 2019
Candidates selected in the RBI Grade B 2019 exam will draw a starting salary of of Rs. 35,150 per month in the scale of Rs. 35150-1750 (9)-50900-EB-1750 (2)-54400-2000 (4)-62400. The candidates will also be eligible for other allowances as per the rules.
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Admit Card
The admit cards for RBI Grade B 2019 exam will be released separately for Preliminary (Phase-I) and Main (Phase-II) exam. The admit card for Phase-II Exam will only be issued to those candidates who will qualify the RBI Grade B 2019 Phase-I exam.
To know the detailed syllabus and exam pattern for RBI Grade B Officer 2019 download the official notification.
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Notification
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Results
The results will be released after each phase of exam. Merit list will be prepared in the descending order of the marks obtained by successful candidates. The final selection of candidates will be based on their performance in interview.
RBI Grade B 2019 Apply Online
- Candidates must visit the official website of RBI. to read the instructions and apply online. However, the link to apply online are also mentioned below.
- Apply Online for RBI Gr B (DR) – General
- Apply Online for RBI Gr B (DR) – DEPR/DSIM
The Bottom Line
Here you have all the important information on RBI Grade B Recruitment 2019. The exam pattern for Preliminary and Main is explained, along with the interview process. We advise all the interested and eligible candidates to read the official notification to get details on latest exam pattern and syllabus, the link for the same is shared within the article.
We wish you all the luck for the exam.