Bihar Police Recruitment 2019 application submission process has been started. The notification released by Bihar Police Sub-ordinate Services Commission is available on the official website of BPSSC. Candidates interested in joining the Police department in the state of Bihar must not miss the end date.
BPSSC has announced 2,446 vacancies for Police Sub Inspectors, Sergeants, Assistant Superintendents Jail (Direct Recruitment) and Assistant Superintendents Jail (Ex-Serviceman) in Home Department (Police) and Home Department (Jail) posts. This huge number of vacancies can be your chance to get state government job in Police department.
Scroll down to know all the important information on Bihar Police Recruitment 2019. Here you will get to know about the eligibility criteria set for different vacancies. Read on to know details on Bihar BPSSC recruitment 2019.
BPSSC 2019 Vacancy Details
Bihar Police Sub-ordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) has released a total of 2446 vacancies to fill positions in Bihar police department. In this BPSSC recruitment 2019 police jobs candidates can apply for these positions:
- Police Sub Inspector: 2064 Vacancies
- Sergeant: 215 Vacancies
- Assistant Superintendent Jail: 125 Vacancies
- Assistant Superintendent Jail: 42 Vacancies
BPSSC 2019 Important Dates
- The submission of BPSSC online form 2019 started 22 August 2019.
- The last date to apply for BPSSC Recruitment 2019 is 25 September 2019.
BPSSC 2019 Eligibility
- Minimum age of the candidate from the non-reserved category should be 20 years and maximum age should not be more than 37 years.
- Maximum age of the applicants from BC/EBC is 40 years and for the candidates from SC/ST category it is 42 years.
- For female candidates, the maximum age to apply for BPSSC Recruitment 2019 is 40 years and 42 for the female belongs to SC/ST category.
- The minimum age will remain same for all male and female candidates from any category.
- Applicants must have completed graduation on or before 1 January 2019 from a government recognized university in India.
- Minimum height of the male candidates from non-reserved and BC/EBC category should be 165 cm.
- For SC/St category’s candidates, the minimum height of the candidate should be 160 cm.
- For the female applicants from the General and BC/EBC category, the minimum required height is 160 cm and weight is 48 kg.
- Minimum height for the female candidates from SC/ST category is 155 cm and weight should be 48 cm.
- Chest for the male applicant from General and BC/EBC category should be minimum 81 cm and 86 cm (on expansion).
- For the SC/ST category’s male candidates, the chest should be 79 cm minimum and 84 cm (on expansion).
BPSSC Recruitment 2019 Apply Online
To get a job in Bihar police through the BPSSC recruitment 2019 candidates are required to apply online. Here are the steps that an applicant needs to follow;
- Visit the official website of BPSSC, bpssc.bih.nic.in.
- Click on the link of “Apply Online for Police Sub Inspector/Sergeant/Assistant Superintendent Jail” on the homepage.
- Register yourself and fill the BPSSC Online Form 2019.
- Check the form for data correctness and make payment of fee to submit.
- The application fee for BPSSC 2019 recruitment is Rs. 700 for the candidates from all the categories.
BPSSC 2019 SI recruitment 2019 along with other posts will select candidates through a three-tier process, which will include Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Physical Test.
Candidates who will successfully clear the Prelim exam will be appearing for Main examination. Candidates on clearing BPSSC 2019 main examination will be called for Physical Test.
BPSSC Exam Pattern 2019
Those planning to appear for the exam to be conducted by BPSSC should know the BPSSC 2019 exam pattern. Details are shared below.
BPSSC 2019 Prelim: 100 MCQs for 200 marks will be asked in the preliminary exam. The questions will be related to General Knowledge and current affairs. The duration of examination will be 2 hours. Candidates will be required to score minimum 30% marks to qualify this examination.
BPSSC Main 2019: The main examination comprise of two papers. The duration of first question paper will be 2 hours. The BPSSC 2019 main exam will consianswer 100 multiple-choice questions from General Hindi for 200 marks. The applicants should score minimum 30% to qualify this examination.
The second paper will include questions from General Studies, General Science, Indian History, Indian Geography, Civics, Maths, and Mental Ability. The paper will consists of 100 questions for 200 marks. In the BPSSC main 2019 examination candidates will be penalized for wrong answers.
A category wise merit list will be prepared based on candidates performance in BPSSC recruitment 2019 exam. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Physical Ability Test.
The Bottom Line
Now you know BPSSC recruitment 2019 important dates, eligibility and exam pattern. Apply only if you meet BPSSC 2019 eligibility. In case of any questions write to us in the comment box below, we shall revert you soon.