Over the years, India has been a victim of many terrorist attacks. Although India has been attacked many times, each time with the lively spirit it revolts against these radical groups. So here is a list of 10 major and worst terrorist attacks in India.
- 26/11- this was the most tragic terrorist attacks, that has ever been faced by India. It is happened to be remembered by its date that is 26th of November 2008. The series of gunfire and bomb blasts went on for four days by 10 terrorists, who entered India through the sea, and started a killing spree which was never witnessed before. The attack was conducted by Pakistan based militant organization Lashkar-E-Taiba.
- Mumbai serial bomb blasts- Mumbai has always been one of the most attacked cities of India. On 12th March 1993, Dawood Ibrahim who ran the international crime syndicate known as D-Company conducted a series of bombing throughout the streets of Bombay.257 died in the attack and 713 were injured.
- The attack on Akshardham temple- Murtuza Hafiz Yasin and Ashraf Ali Mohammed, two terrorists who belonged to the terrorist’s group known as Lashkar-E-Taiba and Jaish-E-Mohammed, entered Akshardham temple with grenades and automatic guns and went on a killing spree. The terrorists were taken down by NSG commandos by the night.
- 2016 Uri attack on Indian army base camp- On 18th September 2016, one of the largest army camps of India at Uri was attacked by 4 terrorist militants, they silently entered and killed 18 Indian soldiers. In this conflict most of the soldiers where either burnt alive or brutally killed.
- Delhi serial bomb blast- On 29th October 2005, the Islamic revolutionary front, a terrorist organization conducted a serial blast at the capital city. It was a couple of days before Diwali a series of 3 bomb blast took place, killing 30 and over a 100 people were injured.
- Jaipur blasts- Jaipur suffered a series of 9 bomb blast simultaneously in a span of 15 minutes on 13th May 2008. There was also a tenth bomb, which was successfully disarmed by the authorities. The attack caused 63 casualties and about 216 people injured.
- Mumbai train blasts- seven bomb blasts occurred in sequence in the local trains of Mumbai. The blast was one of the biggest attacks after the Mumbai attacks of 1993. The explosives were installed in the first-class coach of the train, inside a pressure cooker. The blast killed 210 and injured 715 people.
- Assam bombings- This time Guwahati the capital of Assam was targeted, on October 30, 2008. About 18 bomb blasts occurred at different locations which shook the city as well as the nation. The bombs exploded in the main market at the time when it was crowded. The blasts killed 81 and 470 were injured.
- 2001 attack on Indian parliament- on 13th December 2001, five terrorists belonging to Lashkar-E-Taiba and Jaish-E-Mohammed, tried to attack the Indian parliament. Heavy security prevented any major damage. At that time about 100 political figures were present in the building, including LK Advani and the minister of state defense at that time. 3 parliament staff and 6 police officers died in the attack.
- J&K legislative assembly attack- Terrorists belonging to Jaish-E-Mohammed attacked the legislative assembly of Jammu and Kashmir, on 1st October 2001. The terrorist’s group used 3 suicide bombers and a car bomb. The attack caused the death of 38 people.