The GK booster for the week is here. Give a try to this weekly international current affairs quiz and test you general knowledge. GK is an important section of competitive exams and current affairs are the most asked. So try it and share your score with us in the comments below.
Current Affairs Quiz
Question 1: Which drug has been introduced by Glenmark pharmaceuticals for mild to moderate cases of Corona virus?
Question 2: What project has been launched by NITI Aayog on June 24?
Question 3: 23rd June is celebrated internationally as ………………….
Question 4: What is PADC? Who has inaugurated it on 26th June, 2020?
Question 5: What kind of EXPO has been organized by ‘Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?
Question 6: Which yojana has been launched by PM for which state?
Question 7: What is the recovery rate of COVID 19 till 28th June?
Question 8: What is KBL Micro Mitra?
Question 9: Which Indian player has been elected as a member of ITF?
Question 10: Where the world’s first yoga university has been launched?
Current Affairs Quiz Answers
- Glenamark Pharmaceutical Company has introduced 3 antiviral drugs: Fabiflu, Cipremi and Covifor for the treatment of Coronavirus.
- These drugs have been launched in India.
- NITI Aayog has launched the “Decarbonising Transport in India” project in collaboration with International Transport Forum (ITF).
- This project has been launched to develop a pathway towards a low carbon transport system.
- It will design a tailor-made transpot emissions assessment framework for country and facilitate the government with a comprehensive understanding of present and also of future transport activities along with the related Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions.
- This project is a part of the International Transport Forum’s “Decarbonizing Transport in Emerging Economies (DTEE)”.
- International Transport Forum (ITF) is an intergovernmental organisation for transport policy, since 2008.
- Secretary-General of International Transport Forum: Young Tae Kim.
- Chief executive officer of NITI Aayog : Amitabh Kant.
International Olympic Day
- During this pandemic and crucial time, people has been inspired by Olympians around the globe with their energy and positivity.
- Athletes have been helping fans get through this pandemic by sharing their daily workouts.
- They have shared tips for staying healthy in body and mind during lockdown.
- Supporting on this extraordinary momentum, the Olympic Movement celebrated Olympic Day 2020 by creating the world’s largest 24 hour digital-first Olympic workout.
- Hashtags: #StayHealthy, #StayStrong, and #StayActive!
- PADC: Product Application and Development Centre.
- Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and steel, Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated.
- PADC set up by Indian Oil at Paradip, Odisha.
- India’s largest 1st Virtual Healthcare and hygine EXPO 2020, has been organized by ‘Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- The Minister of State for Shipping (Independent charge) and Chemicals & Fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya has introduced it.
- It will be live from 22nd to 26th June, 2020.
- It is a new beginning for Digital India, which will help in ramping up domestic production in Pharmaceutical Sector and Health & Hygiene Sector.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has virtually launched “Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Yogna” on 26th June.
- The aim of this scheme is to generate emplyoment for the migrant workers of the state who returned from other states due to pandemic.
- The scheme has been launched in 31 districts of Uttar Pradesh, these districts have more than 25,000 returnee migrant workers.
- Under the Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Yojana, a Loan amount of more than 10600 crores has been distributed to more than 4 Lakh units.
- Covid-19 recovery rate improves to 58.56%
- Over 3,09,700 people cured so far
- Within last 24 hours, a total of 13 thousand 832 COVID-19 patients have been cured.
- Karnataka Bank has rolled out a new product titled, “ KBL Micro Mitra”
- It has been introduced specifically for the Micro entrepreneurs.
- Under this product, the Micro manufacturing and service enterprises will be offered a financial assistance of upto Rs 10 lakhs.
- Shri Mahabaleshwar M.S. is the MD and CEO of Karnataka Bank.
- Reigning champion Niki Poonacha has been elected as a player member to ITF world Tennis Tour Player Men’s Panels.
- He will represent the Asia-Oceania zone along with Ti Chen of Chinese Taipei.
- The world’s first yoga university has been launched in Los Angeles, US.
- It has been named after Swami Vivekananda, “Swami Vivekanand Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA).
- Dr. H R Nagendra will be the first Chairman of the university.
- University is going to offer programs that combine scientific principles and modern research approaches to the ancient Indian practice of yoga.