UPSC Geo-Scientist Examination 2020: Union Public Service Commission has invited application form interested and eligible candidates for UPSC Geologist Exam 2020. Candidates applying for this exam must ensure that they meet the eligibility crietria.
Here we have compiled all the necessary information on UPSC Geo-Scientist Examination 2020, which include important dates, application fee, eligibility, how to apply and selection. Scroll down to know the details.
UPSC Geologist Exam 2020 Important Dates
- The submission of online application for the UPSC Geologist Exam 2020 has started from 25th September 2019.
- The closing date for the submission of online application is October 15, 2019 till 6:00 PM.
- The online application can be withdrawn between October 22-28, 2019 till 6:00 PM.
- Am e-admission certificate will be made available for candidates three weeks before the exam. The e-admission certificate can be downloaded from UPSC website, upsconline.nic.in.
- The electronic mode will be used to contact at various stages of the exam.
- The UPSC Geo-Scientist Examination 2020 will be held on 27th and 28th June 2020.
UPSC Geologist Exam 2020 Application Fee
- The application fee to be paid by OBC and General category candidates is Rs. 200.
- All category females are exempted from payment of fee.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are also exempted from payment of fee.
- Payment of fee can be made through online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on or before 15.10.2019 till 6:00 PM.
- “Pay by Cash” mode for payment will be deactivated on 14.10.2019 at 11:59 PM, one day before the end date of submission of application.
UPSC Geologist 2020 Exam – How to Apply
- Candidates can apply online by visiting UPSC website, https://upsconline.nic.in
Plan of UPSC Geologist Exam 2020
- The UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2020 will be
conducted in three successive phases; Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and
1: CBT objective type will be conducted as Preliminary Exam which will
include two papers for selection of candidates for main exam. Marks scored by
candidates in the UPSC Geologist prelim exam 2020 will be counted for selecting
candidates for main exam.
Stage 2: UPSC Geologist main exam 2020 will be descriptive in nature, which will include 3 papers for selecting candidates for personality test.
Stage 3: This stage is personality test and is the final stage of selection of UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2019.
UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2020 Vacancy Details
Category 1: Posts in the Geographical Survey of India, Ministry of Mines
- 79 vacancies for Geologist, Group A.
- 5 vacancies for Geophysicist, Group A
- 15 vacancies for Chemist, Group A
Category 2: Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources
- 3 vacancies of Junior Hydrologists (Scientist B), Group A
UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2019 Eligibility
- For the posts of Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group A), candidates should not have attained age of 32 years as on 01.01.2020.
- The candidates should not be born before January 2, 1988 and not later than January 1, 1999.
- For the posts of Junior Hydrologist (Scientist B), Group A, candidates should not be less than 21 years and more than 35 years as on January 1, 2020.
- The candidates should not be born before January 2, 1985 and after Jan 1, 1999.
- The relaxation in age will be given as per rules of Government of India.
The educational qualification varies with the post. To know the detailed educational qualification read the official qualification carefully. below is the link for the same.
The Bottom Line
All the necessary information on UPSC Geologist Examination 2019 is discussed here. Vacancy details, eligibility, notification and important dates are included. The candidates interested in applying for UPSC Geo-Scientist Examination 2020, must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria. UPSC Geologist 2020 exam syllabus, best books, and preparation strategy will be discussed in further articles.
If you have a query share it with us through the comment section.
Now, Open Naukri also provides online career counseling to students and aspirants. Contact us today.