Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is inviting the applications from the eligible candidates to fill 26 vacant posts of Research Assistant in the Institute of Veterinary Preventive Medicine in the Tamil Nadu Animal Husbandry Service. Selected candidates will be posted at Ranipet in Tamil Nadu on the salary band of Rs 55,500 to Rs 1,75,700.
If you want to work with the Institute of Veterinary Preventive Medicine in Tamil Nadu as Research Assistant then you can apply online for this post. In this article, we have compiled all the important information about this recruitment.
- TNPSC has already started the online application submission process for Research assistant recruitment.
- Interested applicants can submit their applicants online till 29 May 2019.
- The last date for payment of application fee through Bank (State Bank of India or Indian Bank) is 31 May 2019.
- The written exam will be conducted on 30 June 2019 to select the suitable candidates for the above mentioned posts by TNPSC.
- If the applicant belongs to ‘Others’ category rather than SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs then his/her age should be less than 30 years to apply for the post of Research Assistant.
- For the candidates belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes no maximum age* bar has been set by the TNPSC.
Note: *No maximum age means that the age of the applicant should not be more than 58 years either on the date of notification or at the time of selection /appointment to the post.
To apply for the aforementioned post the applicant must possess below-given qualifications;
- M.V.Sc., (Microbiology, Pathology, Parasitology, Dairy Microbiology, and Animal Biotechnology) from any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- Candidate must have passed Tamil as one of the languages in Higher Secondary Public Examination or its equivalent.
- It is also must for the applicant to be a Registered Veterinary Practitioner as per Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 to apply for TNPSC Assistant Research recruitment.
How to Apply
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria of TNPSC Recruitment 2019 for Research Assistant then you can apply online for this post. Here are the steps that you need to follow to submit your online application;
- You can apply online by clicking on any one of the website mentioned here; www.tnpsc.gov.in OR www.tnpscexams.net, OR www.tnpscexams.in.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to do a onetime registration to apply for any post-release by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. If you haven’t registered yourself on the portal then first complete this formality by clicking here and uploading your scanned photograph and signature.
- If you are a registered user then click on ‘Registered User’ tab ion the home page and type your login id and password in the box.
- Click on the apply button given in front of ‘Research Assistant in the Institute of Veterinary Preventive Medicine in the Tamil Nadu Animal Husbandry Service’.
- Now furnish all the asked details in the new application form along with valid e-mail Id and mobile number for further communication.
- After submitting the details in the application form, now make the payment of application fee. You can pay the fee through Net Banking, Debit Card / Credit Card, Remittance through Bank Chalan, and Remittance through Post Office Chalan.
Application fee for TNPS Recruitment 2019 for Research Assistant post is Rs. 150/- or 200/- excluding taxes and banking charge.
Selection of the suitable candidate will be done on the basis of written examination followed by an oral examination (personal interview).
- The written examination will be consisting of two papers; Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 will be based on Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences (P.G. Degree standard). It will be carrying a total of 300 marks. The duration of paper 1 will be 3 hours.
- Paper 2 will be having questions based on general studies, the duration of this paper will be 2 hours and the total marks of this one will be 200.
- The next round will be interview round for 70 marks.
- Total marks scored in the written and personal interview will decide the appointment of the applicant.
- To pass in this exam applicants from SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs & BCMs have to score 171 marks and for other category candidates’ its a must to score 228 marks out of total 570 marks.
- To read the official notification for TNPS Recruitment 2019 for Research Assistant, click here.
- To read the Instructions for the applicants for TNPS Recruitment 2019, click here.
The Bottom Line
If you are eligible to apply for the aforementioned post under TNPS then do not wait till the last date and be prompt to send your online application. In case you face some challenges in applying online then write to us in the comment box below.