The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has invited applications for the post of Driver-cum Pump Operator-cum-Fireman/A (DPOF/A). The candidates seeking a career in BARC can apply on or before 31.05.2019. The entry pay for the candidates will be Rs. 21700, with allowance as admissible under the Central Government Rules.
- The candidates should have completed 10+2 (HSC) with Science and Chemistry, or equivalent with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university/board of technical education of central/state government.
- They should have a valid heavy vehicle driving license with a minimum of one year driving experience.
- The candidates are also required to have completed a certificate course in Fire Fighting equipment from the State Fire Training Centres.
- The candidate should be minimum 165 Cms in height.
- The minimum weight criteria is 50 Kgs.
- The chest should be minimum 81 Cms (Normal) and 86 Cms (Expanded).
- The vision required is 6/6, without wearing glasses or any other aid.
- The candidates with night blindness will be disqualified.
- The candidates should be between 18 to 25 years as on the end date of application.
- Upper age relaxation of 5 years will be given to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period, January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989.
- Upper age limit relaxation of 5 years will be given to family members/children of those died in the riots of 1984.
- Age relaxation for departmental candidates (ex-servicemen and central government civilian employees) will be given as per the government orders.
- The selection process is a two-stage process.
- The first stage includes Physical Endurance Test and Driving Test.
- Driving test will be conducted for only those candidates who clear the physical endurance test.
- The second stage includes written test.
- Only those who clear the first stage are allowed to sit for the written test. The written test includes negative marking.
Physical Endurance Test
- The candidates have run a distance of 100 meters in 25 seconds.
- They should be able to climb on extension ladder (10 meter in length) and come down twice in not more than 2 minutes.
- Laying 4 length of hoses, where each will be 15 meters long from the appliance in 3 minutes.
- Carrying a person of his own weight (approx..) using fireman’s lift method over 25 meters in 3 minutes.
- Should have to do push ups, 20 Nos. continuously.
- Should have to complete 1.6 km of running in not more than 10 minutes.
- The candidate would have to climb rope/vertical pipe of 3 meter length.
The candidates who fail to run 100 meters in 25 seconds will be declared unfit and no further test will be conducted for them.
Stage 1: Preliminary Test
- The written test will be conducted in two phases, first is Preliminary test and the second is Advanced test.
- The preliminary test will include 50 multiple choice questions to be completed in a duration of 1 hour.
- Preliminary test will include 20 questions each from Mathematics and Science; and 10 general awareness questions.
- Candidates will get 3 marks for every correct answer and a negative marking of 1 mark will be done for each wrong answer.
Stage 2: Advanced Test
- The candidates who clear the preliminary exam will only be eligible for Advanced test in their respective trade.
- The test will include 50 multiple choice questions to be completed in a duration of 2 hours.
- The test include negative marking. Here 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Nature of Duties
- Attending Fire emergencies and special service calls in round-the-clock shifts.
- Maintenance and testing of fire communication systems and First Aid Fire Fighting Equipment.
- Maintenance of attendance roll, log book and occurrence book.
- Participation in fire drills.
How to Apply
- The application should be submitted in the proforma set by the BARC.
To download the form, click here.
- The application and it’s cover should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Driver-cum Pump Operator-cum-Fireman/A against Adevrtisement No. BARC/MYS/O1/2019.”
- Application form should be fill in Capital Letters by the candidate in own handwriting in English or they can fill it in Hindi.
- The candidates need to send recent passport size photograph along with the application.
- The candidates are required to send self-attested copy of SSC marksheet as proof of age, HSC certificate, Experience certificate, Heavy Duty Driving License, and Certificate of course in Fire Fighting Equipment from State Fire Training Centers, along with the application.
- Candidates should send the completed application to Administrative Officer-III, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, P.B. No.1, Yelwal, Mysuru – 571130.
Winding It Up
BARC is India’s premier nuclear research facility headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra and offers a lot of benefits to its employees. It’s Merit Promotion Scheme of DAE offer easy promotions to higher grades. You also get healthcare for self and family members when working with BARC. The other benefit is that it offers attractive performance-based incentives and professional update allowance. So, now you know how to apply for the BARC Mysuru Recruitment 2019, so, make sure you do not miss on the last date.
To know more on this recruitment, visit official website of BARC, located at http://www.barc.gov.in/.