Many people search for the recruitment and selection process of various posts in BSF. Given below are the recruitment and selection process of constable, sub-Inspector and Assistant Commandant.
This post demands physical strength and presence of mind. They have to have aptitude, capability, and fitness in order to be selected.
- The process of recruitment– They can have a direct Recruitment. Some of them are selected on the basis of their 3 years of services.
- Eligibility– The person is required to pass class 10th. Only then he can appear for the selection process. The age limit is 18 to 23 years. They should have prescribed height and weight.
- Medical test– The candidates should have good vision. It should be should be 6/6 & 6/9 of both eyes. They should have good physical health and mental health. Their stamina is also tested.
- Selection process- Firstly they have to go through preliminary screening. Once their documents are verified, their PET is taken. Then they have to clear written test. Those who clear written test have to go through an interview. Once they clear the medical test they are selected.
Those who have indulged in NCC/Sports/Cultural activities get bonus marks of 10 marks.
- Sub Inspector
This post demands utmost sincerity and dedication. They have a special importance in BSF. Given below is the recruitment and selection process of sub-inspector.
- The process of recruitment- It is worth mentioning that there is a classification. One-third of the Sub- Inspector posts are filled up by direct recruitment only. And rest people are selected by promotion.
- Eligibility- All the candidates are required to have a degree. They should belong to the age of 20 to 25 years. They need to have a minimum height of 175 cm. The weight should be according to the height.
- Medical test- The candidates should have good vision. It should be 6/6 & 6/9 of both eyes. They should have an injury or disease.
- The process of selection- The candidates have to go through a simple written test. Those who clear it get selected for the post.
- Assistant Commandant
This is the superior post than constable and sub-inspector.
- The process of recruitment- Only half of the posts are filled by promotion. Remaining candidates are selected through direct recruitment.
- Eligibility-The candidates are required to have a minimum qualification i.e. degree. It is compulsory for them to have NCC B or C certificate. Candidates’ belonging to the age of 19 to 25 years are eligible for the job. They have to have a minimum height of 165 CMs and weight of 50 Kgs.
- Medical test- They should have a strong vision. They should be physically fit.
- The process of selection- Firstly they have to clear their PET. Once they clear PET, they have to give an objective exam. Those who succeed in clearing their written test have to face interview. After clearing exam they get a job.
The same procedure is followed for the post of assistant sub-inspector and Head Constable. Only the tests are updated as per the post.