There is no short cut or magic bullet to crack competitive exams. You need to put in sweating-hard work to achieve your aim. National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national-level scholarship program held in India. The exam is organised by the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT). Under NTSE, 1000 scholarships are awarded. This scholarship is only for students of Indian nationality studying in Class X.
NTSE exam includes two tests:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
This test is to judge student’s ability to think, the power of reasoning, and problem-solving. This test includes questions relating to coding-decoding, analogies, number series, classification, pattern perception, problem-solving, hidden figures, block assembly, etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
SAT is to test student’s skills in Maths, Science & Social Science and Language.
Language Test is conducted in both Hindi and English to test the student’s knowledge of English/Hindi language, understanding of components of grammar, and the power of reading comprehension etc.
SAT (Maths, Science & Social Science) is to tests student’s textbook knowledge.
Both MAT and SAT include multiple-choice questions, where every question carries one mark.
Tips to help you become an NTSE scholar
- Get the exam syllabus. Prepare a study schedule with strategies to cover every subject and follow the plan strictly. Remember that if you have made a timetable, then you must follow it.
- Keep NCERT books on top priority. Read the books carefully understanding every line. This is a must for you if you are aiming to be an NTSE scholar. Without the help of NCERT books, you won’t be able to clear the exam. Give attention to all subjects. Analyse your weakness and work to improve it.
- Studying for long hours won’t help much, but studying smart will surely help. So study according to the exam syllabus and pattern.
- Practice previous year papers as this is the most efficient way to prepare. This gives you an idea of the difficulty level of questions, exam pattern and format. This will also help you in planning time management.
Benefits of Preparing for NTSE
Preparing for NTSE makes you ready for future exams like IIT-JEE, other engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams etc.
You now know what it takes to prepare for a competitive exam. You know the right approach and the smart ways to crack an exam.
When you prepare for NTSE, you make yourself ready for MBA exams like MAT, CAT, XAT, CMAT, and SNAP etc. After graduation, you just need to practice, sharpen the previous skills, and prepare the additional syllabus of the exam.
Preparing for such competitive exam makes you confident and improves the logical ability of your brain.