The Indian Institute of Management will conduct Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 to select candidates for various management programmes offered by IIMs. Some of the programmes offered include MBA, PGP, PGPEM, PGPBA, PGP-FABM, PGP-HRM, PGPEX, EFPM etc. The CAT 2019 will be held at various centres spread across the 156 test cities.
Scroll down to know more details on CAT 2019.
CAT 2019 Notification – Important Dates
- The official notification for CAT 2019 was released on 28th July 2019.
- CAT 2019 Registration will start from Aug 7, 2019.
- The deadline for CAT Registration 2019 is 18th September 2019.
- Candidates will be able to download admit card from 23rd October 2019.
- Exam date for CAT 2019 Is 24th November 2019.
CAT Registration Fee 2019
- To appear for CAT 2019, candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD are required to pay Rs. 950 as registration fee.
- All other candidates have to pay Rs. 1900 as CAT registration fee.
- The candidates shall pay the registration fee one time only, irrespective of the number of IIMs they are applying for.
The CAT registration window will close at 5 PM on 18th September 2019.
Computer-based Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT 2019) will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Management on 24th of November 2019 in two sessions. CAT is a pre-requisite for admissions to various IIMs for management programmes. The selection process may vary with the IIM but CAT score is an important part of the selection process.
CAT 2019 Eligibility
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. The minimum marks required for candidates belonging to the SC/ST and PwD is 45%.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible.
- The candidates applying for CAT 2019 are
required to fulfill any one of the following conditions:
– Should have completed Bachelor’s degree.
– Should have completed professional degree (CS/CA/ICWA).
– Should be in final year of Bachelor’s degree.
– All the above should be completed with minimum 50% marks, for SC/ST/PwD the required minimum marks are 45%.
- The eligibility of candidates may be verified by IIMs at various stages of the selection process. Details of the same can be found at www.iimcat.ac.in.
How to Apply
Follow the steps shared below
- Visit the website of CAT, www.iimcat.ac.in
- New users should click on “Register” and fill up the required details for registration.
- Get the login credentials via SMS.
- Complete the application form.
- Login to your profile
The Bottom Line
The article discusses all the necessary information on CAT 2019, including registration, eligibility, selection etc. To know complete details candidates are advised to visit the official website. In case you have any questions, write them in the comment section below.