Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the dates for Civil Services Exam 2019. The renowned Civil Services Exam for the year 2019 will be held in the month of June in 2019.
Here we have summed up all the information about the Civil Services Exam for you, including application fee for Civil Services exam, eligibility criteria, Civil Services Exam date 2019, application form and other important information.
Details of Civil Services Exam date 2019
Here are the details relating to the Civil Services Exam date 2019.
- Notification about the exam will be available on the official portal on UPSC on 19th February 2019.
- The civil service application form will be available from 19th February 2019.
- The last date for submission of application form is 18th March 2019.
- Candidates will get the admit cards for prelims exam of Civil Services by the end of May 2019.
- The preliminary exam for Civil Services will be conducted on 2nd June 2019.
- The result of the preliminary exam is scheduled to announce in August 2019.
- Candidates will get the admit cards for main exam in September 2019.
- UPSC main examination will be conducted on September 20, 2019.
- Candidates can expect the result declaration of mains exam of civil services in January 2020.
Overview of Civil Services Exam
Civil Services Exam is one of the prestigious and difficult exams conducted by UPSC. This is a central type of exam that is conducted every year. After the declaration of UPSC Exam date 2019, now candidates need to pay more attention to their studies. UPSC conducts the Civil Services Exam to recruit the candidates for the following Civil Services of the Government of India.
- IAS (Indian Administrative Services)
- IFS (Indian Foreign Service)
- IPS (Indian Police Service)
UPSC aspirants should also know the type of services allotted through the UPSC Civil Services Exam.
Civil Services Application Form
In Feb 2019, the Civil Service application form will be available online for the aspirants to appear in the exams. After the official notification from the UPSC, candidates can fill and submit the application form online. Interested candidates can download the civil service application form from www.upsc.gov.in the official website of UPSC.
The application fee for aspirants is Rs. 100 and for SC/ST and female candidates the form is free of cost.
Civil Services Exam Eligibility
Before applying for the Civil Services Exam 2019, candidates must check their eligibility for Civil Services Exam. Here is the detail of Civil Services Exam Eligibility.
- Candidate must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized university to appear on the Civil Services Exam 2019.
- Candidates in their last year of graduation can also apply for the mentioned job if their age is not less than 21 years as per the Civil Services exam eligibility.
Age & Attempts
For General Category: The age of the candidate from general or unreserved category should not be more than 32 years. Candidates from general category can make only 6 attempts to crack the Civil Services Exam.
For OBS: To apply for the Civil Services Exam the maximum age of candidate from OBS should be 35 years or less. OBC Candidates can try 9 times to clear the exam.
For SC/ST: SC/ST candidates’ age should not be more than 37 to be eligible to fill the Civil Services Exam Application. There are no as such attempt restrictions for SC/ST candidates.
For J&K Candidates: Age limitations are different for candidates from J&K. The age limit for general candidates is 37, for OBC, SC/ST age limit is 40 and for PH candidates the age limit is 50 years. There is no bar of attempts for the candidates from J&K.
Disabled Servicemen: The eligibility criteria for the disabled servicemen are same as it is for the J&K Domiciles.
Civil Services Exam Pattern
As you know that UPSC exam date 2019 has been announced, so now it is the time for the aspirants to give a shape to their Civil Services exam preparation. To score good marks in UPSC exam 2019, candidates need to know the Civil Services Exam Pattern and UPSC 2019 syllabus. Both of the exams, prelim and mains, for civil services are conducted offline. Here are the details of the same.
- UPSC exam 2019 will be conducted into two phases, Preliminary and Main. UPSC 2019 prelim date has already been announced.
- The UPSC 2019 prelim exam consists of two papers of 2 hours duration carrying total marks of 200 each. All the questions will be multiple choice questions in UPSC 2019 prelims.
- The paper I of UPSC 2019 prelim is based on general studies. The paper II will check the candidate’s aptitude skills. The candidate will have to attempt 80 questions for 200 marks in this exam. It’s a must for a candidate to score minimum 33% of marks in Paper II of UPSC 2019 prelim.
- There will be two papers in the mains exam of UPSC exam 2019, the qualifying paper and paper for merit formation.
- Qualifying paper will have 2 papers. The paper I will be in any Indian language and part II will be in English. Both of the papers will have a total of 200 marks.
- According to the civil services exam pattern, there will be 7 papers in merit exams. These papers will include Essay writing, General studies, and optional subjects. Each paper will contain 250 marks.
UPSC 2019 syllabus
The civil services exam pattern is designed to take the best talent on board. UPSC 2019 syllabus for prelim exam includes the following topics.
- Current events
- History of India including Indian national movements
- Geography of India and World.
- Indian Governance system
- Economic and Social Development
- General issues related to climate change and environmental issues.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Decision making
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy
The Bottom Line
The UPSC 2019 syllabus is vast. It is expected from the candidates that they are aware of the current and past affairs. To help you, we have also mentioned the civil services exam pattern. To get the success in UPSC 2019, it is suggested to the candidates to start preparing for the exam on the basis of the 2019 civil services exam pattern.
For any assistance related to UPSC 2019 exam date or UPSC 2019 prelims dates. You can reach us through comment box.