Applications are invited by Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) for the State Service Prelim Examination 2019-2020. The notification for the same has been released and details are available on official website of the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission. Interested and eligible candidates must scroll down to know the details.
- The notification for Chhattisgrah PSC Pre Recruitment 2019-2020 was issued on 25th November 2019.
- The registration process for CGPSC exam 2019-2020 will start from Dec 6, 2019.
- The closing date for application submission is January 4, 2020.
- Candidates can make payment of fee by 4th Jan 2020.
- Candidates can make correction to the online form between January 7-13, 2020.
- The CGPSC Prelim Exam will be held on 9th February 2020.
- The CGPSC Main Exam will b held on 17-20 June, 2020.
- The candidates belonging to General / Other State have to pay Rs. 400 as application fee.
- The reserve category candidates have to pay Rs. 300 as application fee.
- Candidates will be charged Rs. 15 for making correction in form.
- Candidates can make payment of fee as cash at MP Online and Chhattisgarh Authorised KIOSK or can pay it through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, or E Challan.
CGPCS Recruitment 2019-2020 Eligibility
- The candidates are required to have Bachelor’s Degree in any stream of a recognized university in India.
- Applicants should not be below 21 years and above 28 years in age as on 01/01/2019.
- For Police Post, the maximum age for candidates is 38 years.
- For all post other than police positions, age relaxation will be given to only Chhattisgarh Domicile candidates.
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (PSC) Recruitment 2019-2020 Vacancy Details
|State Civil Services||15|
|State Finance Services||11|
|State Police Services||11|
|Food Supplies & Consumer Protection Department||01|
|Assistant Director / District Women & Child Development Officer||01|
|Child Development Project Officer||09|
|Assistant Superintendent Land Record||19|
|C.G. Subordinate (Account Service)||27|
|Assistant Jail Officer||07|
|Cooperative Inspector / Cooperative Extension Officer||30|
|Commercial Tax Inspector||17|
|Excise Sub Inspector||12|
State Public Services Commission Examination 2019-2020 Selection Process
A three tier process is followed for selection of candidates that include preliminary exam, main exam and interview/ personality test.
CGPSC Preliminary Exam 2019-2020
- The preliminary exam will comprise of 2 compulsory papers of 2 hours each. Both the papers will include objective type multiple choice questions. For wrong answers negative marking will be done.
- Question Paper I – This is a General Studies paper comprising of 100 questions for 200 marks, for duration of 2 hours. For every wrong answer 1/3 marks allocated to the question will be deducted.
- Question Paper II – The aptitude test is a 2 hours exam conducted for 100 questions of 200 marks, where 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Both the papers are qualifying in nature where qualifying criteria for unreserved candidates is 33% marks and 23% for reserved candidates.
- Only the marks obtained by candidates in first paper will be considered for preparing merit list for shortlisting candidates for main exam.
CGPSC Main Exam 2019-2020
- The main exam for Chhattisgarh PSC recruitment 2019-2020 will include 7 papers each of 3 hours and 200 marks.
- The 7 papers are Language, Essay, General Studies-I, General Studies-II, General Studies-III, General Studies-IV, General Studies-V.
- In the essay paper, it is compulsory for candidates to write 4 essays, 2 from each section.
- The question paper for main exam will be conventional type, which will include short, medium and long answer type questions.
- Candidates shortlisted for main exam will b required to appear for all 7 papers.
- Except the language paper, candidates can write paper 6 papers in Hindi or English Language, writing part of paper in Hindi and part in English language is also allowed.
- There will be two sections in the essay paper, one with International and national level issues and second with Chhattisgarh State issues.
- The General Studies paper will include 5 sections. To know the pattern of the questions asked, read CGPSC Exam 2019-2020 notification.
- Candidates shortlisted in Main exam will be called for Interview/personality test.
- This phase of selection comprises of 150 marks.
- The main exam and interview will conducted for 1550 marks.
To know the paper wise syllabus for Chhattisgarh PSC Pre Exam 2019-2020, candidates are advised to read the notification carefully and visit
http://www.psc.cg.gov.in/ for more details on this recruitment.
The Bottom Line
All the important details on Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission’s (CGPSC) State Service Prelim Examination 2019-2020 are discussed above. Topics include CGPSC important dates, eligibility, vacancy details and selection process. You should read official notification before applying online for CGPSC recruitment 2019-20. If you have any questions then write your queries in the comment section below.