The Union Public Service Commission has recently released the notification regarding the UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2018. UPSC has published this recruitment notification of UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 on its official portal.
According to the official notification of Geologist Recruitment 2018, UPSC has a total of 70 vacancies for the different posts. Here is the detailed information of UPSC Geologist Exam 2018.
- UPSC Geologist online form submission started on 12th October 2018.
- The last date to apply online for the ‘Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2018 is 26.10.2018. Candidates can apply online in the last date till 6:00 pm.
- For General and OBC candidates the application form fee is Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ST candidates the application form is free of cost.
- Candidates can pay the fee through credit or debit card, NEFT or e-challan.
UPSC is inviting the applications for 70 different posts. Here is the detail for the same.
- For Geologist group ‘A’ number of vacant posts are 24.
- For Geophysicist Group ‘A’ number of vacant posts are 17.
- For Chemist Group ‘A’ number of vacant posts are 06.
- For Junior Hydro Geologists total vacant posts are 23.
- For Geologist group ‘A’ candidate must have completed Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo- Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or equivalent.
- For Geophysicist Group ‘A’ candidate must have completed Sc in Physics, M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or equivalent from a recognized university.
- For Chemist Group ‘A’ candidate must have completed Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a government recognized university.
- For Junior Hydro Geologists candidate must have completed Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University. Candidates with Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology can also apply for this post.
- For Geologist group ‘A’ age limit is 21 – 32 Years.
- For Geophysicist Group ‘A’ age limit is 21 – 32 Years.
- For Chemist Group ‘A’ age limit is 21 – 32 Years.
- For Junior Hydro Geologists age limit is 21 – 35 Years.
Candidates from reserved category will get the relaxation in upper age limit according to the UPSC’s rules.
The selection process is having three phases.
- Written Test
- Medical Test
- DAF Official Notification Click Here
- Apply Online Click Here
- Official Website Click Here
Here we have summed up all the information regarding the UPSC geologist recruitment Exam 2018; still candidates are suggested to read the official notification.
Is English necessary for interview .
Hi Abhinav, you can choose English, Hindi or any other Indian language for the interview. However you have to stick to one language for the entire interview process. As per the Indian Constitution, IAS aspirants can give UPSC interview in Hindi,English or any regional language mentioned in the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India, this was announced in the year 2011.