Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana has been launched by the Union Government to encourage consumers and merchants for transition to digital payments.
Both the award based schemes were launched by the government’s policy think-tank, NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog.
Lucky Grahak Yojana
- Under the Lucky Grahak scheme, consumers making payment through digital mode will get a chance to win Rs 1000 every day or Rs 1 lakh per week.
- 15,000 winners will get cashback prizes of Rs 1000 each day starting on December 25, 2016 and ending on April 14, 2017.
- Under this scheme, weekly awards worth Rs 1 lakh, Rs 10,000 and Rs 5,000 will be given to 7000 lucky people.
- On the last day of the scheme, i.e. April 14, 2017, mega prize of Rs. 1 crore will be announced.
Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana
- Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana mission launched for the merchants across the country. Under this scheme, it is mandatory for merchants to use POS (Point of Sale) machines for cashless transactions.
- Merchants using POS are eligible to win a minimum of Rs.50000 per week from December 25, 2016 to April 14, 2017.
- Under the scheme, 3 Mega Prizes will be given to merchants, worth of Rs 50 lakhs, 25 lakh, 12 lakh for digital transactions between November 8, 2016 and April 13, 2017. The prizes will be announced on April 14, 2017.
Key Facts About Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana
- The schemes have been introduced to give daily and weekly cash awards to merchants and consumers who utilize digital payment mechanisms for personal consumption outflows.
- The schemes mainly focus on bringing the lower middle class, poor, and small businesses into the digital payment fold.
- Under the schemes, transactions using unified payments interface (UPI), Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD), Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS), and RuPay are covered.
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) is the implementing agency for these schemes.
- Under the schemes, digital payments made through e-wallets and credit cards and e-wallets are not covered. In order to ensure focus on small transactions, incentives will be limited to transactions within the range of Rs 50 to Rs 3000.
- The winners will be identified through a lucky draw of eligible Transaction IDs by a software, which will be especially developed by NPCI for this purpose.
How to check is you are the winner of Lucky Grahak Yojana or Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana
- Log on to https://digidhanlucky.mygov.in/
- A green-coloured window will appear. Click on “Check if you are winner” option on the middle-right.
- If you are a buyer, click on “Consumer” button.
- If you are a seller, click on “Merchant” button.
- Enter your Registered Mobile Number.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP, and the 16 digit code of your Rupay card.
- After providing all details, you can know if you have won the prize or not.