The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has invited applications from both male and female candidates for the Group ‘A’ post of medical officer. Medical degree candidates interested in this position must read the official notification and check the educational and physical eligibility criteria before applying.
- Application process will start from April 2, 2019.
- The candidates can apply online till May 1, 2019
- The exam date is yet to be announced.
- The General and OBC candidates have to pay Rs. 400 as application fee.
- Female and SC/ST candidates are exempted from the fee.
- The mode to make payment of fee is online and offline. Candidates can choose any method as per their comfort.
Vacancy Details and Eligibility
- The applications are invited for a total of 496 post.
1.Specialist Medical Officer (SMO in Deputy Commandant)
For this post the total number of vacancies are 175 out of which, 56 in BSF, 19 in SSB, 85 in CRPF, 9 in ITBP and 6 in Assam Rifles.
The maximum age limit for this post is 40 years as on 01/05/2019.
2. Medical Officer (MO in Assistant Command)
For this post the total number of post are 317, out of which 28 in Assam Rifles, 107 in ITBP, 59 in SSB, 21 in CRPF, and 102 in BSF. The maximum age limit for these post is 30 years as on 01/05/2019.
- Candidates should have a Degree in Allopathic System included in the schedule I or II or Part-III of the third schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (IMA).
- Completed mandatory rotating internship.
- Enroll in Medical Council
- PG Degree/Diploma in related specialist as per IMA.
3. Super Specialist Medical Officer (SSMO in Second in Command)
The total number of post are 4, and the maximum age limit should not be more than 50 years as on 01/05/2019.
- MBBS Degree or equivalent from any recognized university included in the first schedule to the IMA.
- Should be enrolled in any State Medical Register maintained under the IMA.
- Should possess PG Degree/Diploma in related specialty as per IMA.
- Should have completed mandatory rotatory internship.
- Should have Doctorate of Medicine (DM)/Magister Chirurguie or equivalent with 3 years of experience in concerned specialty after post-graduate degree.
Physical Eligibility for All the Post:
- Height: 157.5 CMS for male candidates, and 142 CMS for female candidates.
- 77-82 CMS chest, this criterion is only for male candidates.
- The link to apply online will be active from April 2, 2019. The mode of application will be online only.
- To download the official notification released by ITBP, click here.
- To visit the official website of ITBP, click here.
The Bottom Line
The article includes details on ITBP Medical Officer (MO) Recruitment 2019. Topics include important dates, application fee, vacancy, eligibility and useful links. All candidates must check the eligibility criteria and visit the official website for more details. In case you need or help, comment your query in the comment box below.