The Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana or CMSGUY has been launched by the Assam Government for bringing about the exemplar shift towards the complete development of Assam villages.
CMSGUY is a mega scheme launched by the government of Assam, which aims to bring revolutionary changes in the village life, by increasing the farm income to double.
CMSUGY: Key Facts
1. A financial spending of 30,000 crore rupees has been prepared by the Assam government for Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana’s implementation in all Assam villages over the next five years ending in 2021-2022.
2. The scheme has an aim to bring revolutionary changes in the village life of Assam by increasing the farm income to double, and by bringing about the exemplar shift towards completed development of villages in the state.
3. The scheme is set to be implemented via “saturation model”, which will cover revenue of each village by focused involvement in logistic support, direct economic activities, community support and market linkages.
4. The CMSGUY has been launched with an aim to stimulate rural productivity by easing huge investments in the rural areas for complete transformation of the area in a period of 5 years.
5. Under CMSGUY, the government has planned to establish five teams in each block for implementation of missions of the CMSGUY.
6. The five teams will work on development of plans that will be executed in state’s each village.
7. A Village Knowledge Centre will be opened in each village of the state, under the scheme, for bringing in proper balance and the MGNREGA playground will also be built in state’s each village.
8. The total amount required by the scheme is Rs 30,000 crore over a period of five years, while the average CMSGUY investment is about Rs 1.20 crore per revenue village.
9. Rs 500 crore was provided to the scheme in the financial year 2016-17, which has been handed to the chief minister by the finance minister.