Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level entrance exam for the candidates who want to take admission in management courses. MAT exam is conducted four times in one year by the All India Management Association. The MAT exam is held in the month of February, May, September, and December. Here we have published all the details related to MAT Exam 2019.
MAT 2019 Exam Date
In 2019 the first MAT exam will be held in the month of February. So below mentioned details belong to MAT February 2019 exam.
- The application form for MAT 2019 will be available from the 3rd week of December.
- The last date of MAT 2019 application form submission will be in the 4th week of January 2019.
- The tentative MAT 2019 exam date (PBT) will fall on the 1st week of February 2019.
- The MAT 2019 Exam date (CBT) will come on the 3rd week of February 2019.
- The result for MAT 2019 will be declared in the last week of February 2019.
MAT 2019 syllabus
The MAT Exam 2019 is divided into 5 sections. Here is the detail of these 5 sections.
1. Language Comprehension
In this section, the candidate’s knowledge about English grammar is checked. The questions in this section are based on English grammar. This section will have the questions like fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, para jumble, etc. Candidates can take help from the English newspaper and grammar book of class 8 and 9 to improve their grammar skills.
2. Intelligence and Critical Reasoning Section
In this section, the reasoning skills of candidates are checked. In this section, the questions will be based on the family tree, analogy, visual reasoning, arrangements, pie chart, number grid, blood relation etc.
3. Mathematical Skills
This section includes the questions from algebra, trigonometry, elementary mathematics, sequence & series, height, and distance, etc.
4. Data Analysis and Sufficiency
The fourth section of MAT exam 2019 has the questions from data analysis and sufficiency. These questions will be based online graph, multiple graphs, puzzles, bar charts, etc.
5. Indian and Global Environment
In MAT exam 2019 the fifth section of the exam will contain the questions from current issues, history, global environment, social issues, and other general awareness related questions. To prepare this section the candidate need to read the newspaper daily.
MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
According to the above-mentioned topics, the MAT exam 2019 has 5 different sections. Each section has 40 questions. It means the MAT exam 2019 will have total 200 questions. Each question carries 1 mark. For every wrong answer, the ¼ marks will be deducted from the candidate’s score. The time limit for the MAT exam 2019 is 150 minutes.
MAT 2019 Preparation Tips
Few preparation tips for MAT 2019 are given below.
- To prepare well for the MAT Exam 2019 candidates should solve the previous year’s exam. By solving the previous years’ exam you can have a better understanding of the exam pattern of MAT.
- Candidates need to have a proper strategy to solve the question in less time with accuracy.
- Refer good books to gain proper knowledge.
- Don’t do guesswork in the exam.
Apart from all the mentioned tips keep yourself motivated and make a timetable for MAT 2019 exam preparation to get success in this exam. For any other query related to MAT 2019 exam, you can write to us in the comments box.