An improved version of passenger mobile application called “IRCTC Rail Connect” has been launched by the Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu for faster booking of train tickets in the nation through digital transactions.
The new mobile app based on next generation e-ticketing system from Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) Limited has been developed to replace the existing IRCTC Connect app. The old IRCTC Rail Connect App had low security levels and slow response time, which has been improved in the new app. It has been developed for reserved booking and to improve ease of ticket booking to users.
Key Features of IRCTC Rail Connect App:
1. The app has been developed to facilitate faster and easier booking of train tickets.
2. The app is based on next generation e-ticketing system that comes with enhanced security and high performance.
3. The IRCTC Rail Connect App has been synchronised with the IRCTC website.
4. This new app allows booking of premium tatkal quota, ladies quota, tatkal ticket, and to check current reservation.
5. The app comes with an easy-to-use interface, 24/7 service with no time based checks.
6. The app allows users to search and book train tickets easily, check status of their current reservations, cancel booked tickets, and get alerts on any upcoming journey.
7. The app also includes features like self-assigned PIN’s (Personal identification number) advanced security to login without a username and password.
8. The IRCTC Rail Connect App has been integrated with IRCTC e-wallet to make transactions easier and faster.
9. The app will be interconnected with other IRCTC apps like IRCTC Food on Truck app, IRCTC AIR app to ease booking of food and air tickets.
10. The app will also provide payment gateway to more than 40 banks for facilitating payments through credit/debit cards, net banking, and e-wallets like PayU, Paytm, and Mobikwik.
During the app launch, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Minister of Railways, said that the Indian Railways E-ticketing System handles more than 10 lakh passengers on a daily basis.