A digital wallet called “T Wallet” has been launched by Telangana state for people to make private and public financial transactions. The wallet is official digital wallet of the State, and was launched by Shri. K. T. Rama Rao, Minister of IT, on June 1, 2017.
Telangana Government has collaborated with Vijaya Bank for providing the T-Wallet service. The state obtained clearance from RBI to launch the digital wallet facility.
This is the first-of-its-kind service by any state government in India. The service can be availed by both people with smartphones, or without smartphones.
T Wallet: Key Features
- T Wallet has been launched as “Anytime Anywhere digital payment option for Everyone.”
- The T Wallet is hosted on Azure platform and has been designed for high and secure performance.
- People without smartphones can also avail service for transactions through MeeSeva centres. They can open a T Wallet by going to a MeeSeva Centers, which will enable them to load money and start making payments.
- The T Wallet will not charge anything for paying water bills, electricity bills, RTA Challans, Property taxes, etc. But will charge a minimal cost for making private transactions.
- The digital payment service is available in three languages, including English, Urdu, and Telugu, both on the online web browser, mobile phones, or even without phones.
- T Wallet is linked with two-factor authentication, including Aadhaar and OTP to Aadhaar linked mobile number, or Aadhaar and Biometric.
- Apart from MeeSeva, the digital wallet is integrated with other government departments like TSNPDCL, GHMC, HMWSSB, RTA and TSSPDCL.
- No service charge will be charged for using T Wallet.
- T Wallet is also integrated with the Civil Supplies ePOS system in order to incorporate all 16000 F.P. shops in to the system.
- Also, 1100 Streenidhi BC Points have been integrated with the digital wallet.
- Government payments, like MNREGA payments, Aasara Pensions, etc. will be pushed to T Wallet of the eligible citizen.