Often people get confused between the job opportunities in NABARD and RBI. They often consider both of these entities part of same branches or same in some cases. However, the fact is there are hardly any similarities in the working between NABARD and RBI.
NABARD stands for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, and it offers credit flow in order to promote the following:
- Small Scale
- Cottage and Village Industries – which includes handcrafts and other rural crafts.
Now there are several candidates who wish to apply for the jobs in NABARD, however, are not aware of the knick-knacks related to the jobs and vacancies. Therefore, here we offer you a complete details related to NABARD:
Qualifications and Eligibilities according to the Posts:
Development Officer – Grade ‘B’ Examination
This one of the job profiles one can opt for when it comes to apply for a job in NABARD. Several qualifications and eligibility criteria prevails when applying for the job of Development Officer, they are:
– The candidates must possess a master’s degree in Economics or Agricultural Economics with a 50% marks, Ph.D. candidates are often given weightage
– The age must be 24 to 32 years and there can be certain changes to categories according to the rules
– The test is in two categories: Preliminary followed by Main Examination
– Preliminary is objective type paper which includes questions on general awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability
– The Main Examination is in two parts, Paper 1 includes general English and General Awareness questions while Paper 2 is Economic and Social Problems
Assistant Development Officer – Grade ‘A’ Examination
The other job profile includes the assistant Development officer. The qualification and eligibility criteria includes:
– The candidate must possess a any graduate or Master’s degree with a 50%
– The age of the candidate must be between 21 to 26 years, they might change with some categories according to the rules
– The examination is taken in two parts – Preliminary and Main Examination
– Preliminary is an objective type paper including questions related to general awareness, English language, Quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability.
– The main examination takes place in two sets – paper 1 including questions related to general awareness and general English, while the paper 2 including economic and social problems.
There is summer training open at a particular period of time, which is open for the summer trainees. NABARD also organizes interviews for these posts. The summer trainees also excel academically, and they internally have to prove themselves in the projects that are given to them while their training.
Recently there were job openings for officer position at NABARD, which began in the month of March and the last date was 6th April 2018. However, the Prelims exam date is 12th of May 2018 and Main exam is on 6th of June 2018.