Indian Railways hire the highest number of people every year, as it needs very large manpower to run it. Jobs in Indian railways are the most sought after with all the reasons. It is a central government job, salary according to the benchmarks laid down by the pay commission, provides economic security, and other perks.
Apart from these the other benefits of a railway job include accommodation facilities and free travelling passes. Also the railways commands a certain respect in India and a person working in the organization is generally looked up to.
- Read daily newspaper or current affairs magazine. This helps in improving the general awareness that is a part of every competitive exam. It is also beneficial for Group Discussion.
- Understand the pattern of the railway exam. Generally all the railway jobs have a test to screen candidates. Aspirants should familiarize themselves with the latest syllabus and pattern. This helps in removing exam-related uncertainty and fear. Also, this will help them score more marks in the exam.
- Keep visiting the official website of Indian Railways frequently to know of the latest opportunities. Railways also publishes their recruitment notices in all the popular newspapers, so reading daily newspaper can keep you updated.
- Stay connected to students with similar academic goals. This will improve your preparation. Additionally it also relieves the exam stress and makes you more confident.
- The entrance tests conducted for various railway positions tests the aspirants’ knowledge across various subjects like Mathematics, Reasoning, and English.
- Prepare notes of important formulas and concepts. It will help you save time during revision.
- Work on your quantitative, verbal and logical abilities. Generally the railway job test consist of these sections. Daily practice is a must to master these abilities.
- Solve previous papers, they will give you a good idea of difficulty level of the questions and the exam pattern. Practicing them will also help you decide which section to target first.
- Appear for mock tests every other day in the last month of exam preparation. Mock tests are replicas of the original exam and are extremely useful as they allow aspirants to identify their strong and weak areas. Also the mocks can provide an indication of your level of preparation.
- Know all about your exam center. If possible visit your center a few days before exam. Also keep find out the alternative route to the exam center so that you can reach their easily on the day of the exam.
The Bottom Line
Apart from all the above tips, make sure you to keep all the relevant and necessary documents safe and within reach. Take your own stationery like pen, pencils etc. Reach the exam venue 30 minutes before the scheduled time. Also, sleep well on the night before your exam. Eat properly and drink plenty of water. Try to keep your mind free from stress and tension. Don’t study till the last moment, however you can revise short notes you made. Take a deep breathe before entering the exam hall.
Keep working for your goal, stay focused. All the Best!!