“Life is filled with challenges” is a well-known fact. We expect our lives to be simple and peaceful but the adversities scramble our peace and happiness. We spend most of our lives worrying about mundane problems and never trying to face them.
We must understand that this is what life is A Beautiful chaos full of challenges that we have to face. Believe it or not, true happiness lies in fighting those challenges and yet standing tall.
Anyone can face these challenges and live a happy life. It may sound a bit surprising, Maybe you consider yourself weak in comparison to others. This book is the solution for your problem then.
The power of positive thinking gives techniques and examples which demonstrate that you can face any challenge, that you can have peace of mind, better health, and a never-ending flow of energy.
The book “The Power of Positive Thinking” can be considered as an instruction manual for achieving a happy, satisfying and worthwhile life.
Author Norman Vincent Peale also tells us that a regular exercise of the principles mentioned in his book The Power of Positive Thinking can help improve our relations with others and make us well-liked individuals.
The book is divided into seventeen different chapters ranging from Breaking the worry habit to getting people to like you.
Some of the important lessons from the book which can help you to change your life are explained in brief:
● Defeating inferiority complex:
Put your faith in yourself and your abilities. When your confidence is low, self-doubt interferes with your hope for success. It is very common for people to suffer from inferiority complexes, but they can be overcome with correct steps.
The best way to defeat self-doubt or inferiority complex is by building self-confidence or believing in yourself. You can develop self-confidence by following these steps:
- Imagine yourself achieving the success you are working for. Hold this image in your brain and never let it fade away even in the darkest of times.
- Whenever a negative thought enters your mind cancel it out with a positive thought.
- Do not create obstacles in your imagination. Destroy every so-called obstacle. Every challenge must be seen for what it exactly is not through your distorted imagination.
- Never try to copy anyone else. While many people appear confident, they also suffer from self-doubt.
● Creating Happiness:
The decision to be happy is solely made by you. Unhappiness is mostly something that your mind creates. Believe it or not, you have the choice to be happy or unhappy.
Of course, some external factors are also responsible for this decision but that is not always the case. Every day when you wake up you have the choice to be happy. Having reasons to be happy is not necessary.
As you know, it is not possible to find happiness anywhere the reason being, happiness not an object it is a state of mind. Happiness is not complicated and it can be easily achieved.
Happiness can be turned into a habit that is being always happy. The happiness habit is developed by Simply practicing happy thinking. Make a list of happy thoughts and go through them several times a day. If a thought enters into your mind that disturbs you or makes you sad immediately replaced it with a happy thought.
● Learn to believe:
Believing in yourself can change your life completely. It is the basic factor of succeeding in any field of life because unless and until you don’t believe in yourself it will be very difficult for you to work towards achieving your goals.
To accomplish any goal you first have to believe in yourself that you can achieve that goal. You have to start expecting the best from every situation and not the worst because when you expect the best from a situation and you believe it, the chances of you getting the desired result are substantially higher.
Things become better when you expect the best instead of the worse for the reason that being freed from self-doubt you can put your whole self into your endeavor.
In order to achieve your goals, you have to give it your all. Often in life, people do not fail because of inability, but rather because they lack wholeheartedness, and don’t believe that they can succeed.
A major key to success in life is to give it all you have got. Give every bit of yourself. Hold nothing back. People who live their lives to the fullest cannot deny themselves the gift of life.
● Breaking the worry habit:
Worrying is nothing more than an unhealthy and destructive mental habit. You were not born with this habit. You just acquired it and because you can change any habit and any required attitude you can change this as well.
The worry breaking formula:
- Say to yourself “Worry is just a very bad mental habit and I can change any habit with God’s help.”
- Never participate in negative conversations instead try to inject faith into all your conversations.
- Surround yourself with friends who think positively thereby creating a positive atmosphere.
- Try to help other people to cure their worrying habits. You get the power over worry by helping someone else overcome it.
● Solution for all your problems:
We all face various situations in our life on a daily basis. But what if I told you that there is a solution for every problem and no matter who you are you can find it easy to come up with a solution and face any challenging situation that life throws at you.
Here are some simple suggestions from the book on the power of positive thinking which will help you to find a solution for your problem:
- You can always find a solution to a problem if you believe there is one.
- Keep calm. It is very difficult to focus with an anxious mind.
- Don’t try to force an answer. Keep your mind relax.
- Assemble all the facts that you know about the problem and list them on paper. You will be able to clarify your thinking this way.
● The inflow of new thoughts can remake you:
As you think so shall you be so just flush out all tired thoughts. Fill your mind with fresh new creative thoughts of faith love and goodness. By this process, you can remake your life because human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes.
You can think your way to failure but consider for a moment that you can also think your way to success and happiness. Start thinking differently to change your circumstances.
In any part of your life, you can accomplish anything you believe or visualize.
Follow these practical steps for changing your mental attitude from negative to positive for releasing new creative thoughts and for shifting from error patterns.
- You must deliberately speak positively for the next 24 hours about everything from your job to your health to your future. Go out of your way to talk positively about everything. This might be difficult due to the habit you have of speaking negatively, but you must remain positive even if you have to act forcefully..
- After speaking with yourself for 24 hours in this manner continue the practice for one week then you can be permitted to be realistic for a day or two. The real you are now is far from what you meant by realistic a week ago. Your definition of reality is vastly different than what you meant then
- Your mind must be nourished with wholesome thoughts to make it healthy, just as you feed your body.
- Don’t engage in argument, but keep a positive attitude when someone shows negative feelings.
● Getting people to like you:
It is a well-known fact that one of the deepest drives of human nature is the desire to be appreciated.
One of the most devastating human reactions is the feeling of not being wanted or needed. Lack of a sense of worth and importance causes feelings of frustration, aging, and illness. You really should do something if you feel helpless or if you think that no one wants you or needs you.
Here is a list of some practical rules for getting the esteem of others:
- Learn to remember names. An individual’s name has a great deal of meaning for him.
- It will be easier to be around you if you are a comfortable person.
- Don’t be egotistical. Guard against giving the impression that you know it all.
- Get good at being interesting so that people want to spend time with you and get something of value from their association with you.
- Until you learn to like people genuinely, practice liking them.
- Always congratulate someone on their achievement or express sympathy when they are in sorrow.
All this description was just a part of the whole collection of various steps to be happy. Solutions for many problems are very well described in this book. This book is suitable for any age group. This book gives a different perspective of solving problems and developing a positive attitude towards life.
In my opinion having a positive attitude plays an important role in determining your level of happiness. It is way better to be happy while facing a challenge in your life.
Do you think that having a positive attitude is important to be happy in life?