Power Grid Corporation Of India Limited (PGCIL) has invited online applications for Diploma Trainee (Civil/Electrical). PGCIL is a Maharatna enterprise of Government of India. This is a golden opportunity for candidates looking for government job in India. PGCIL has released online form 2019 for recruitment of Diploma Trainee (Civil/Electrical).
Important Dates for PGCIL Recruitment 2019
- Registration form PGCIL Diploma Trainee online form 2019 started from Nov 26, 2019.
- The last date to apply online for PGCIL recruitment of diploma trainee is Dec 6, 2019.
- The exam for selection of candidates is scheduled in October 2019.
- The application fee to be paid by candidates belonging to General/OBC or EWS category is Rs. 300.
- Candidates from SC/ST/PH categories are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be made by Debit card/Credit card/ Net banking.
PGCIL Vacancy Details for recruitment of Diploma Trainee
Diploma Trainee Electrical
- Age – The maximum age for General/EWS candidates is 27 years, 30 years for OBC (NCL) and 32 years for SC/ST candidates.
- Education – General/OBC (NCL)/EWS candidates must have 3 year Diploma (regular) in Electrical (Power)/ Electrical/ Power Systems Engineering/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Engineering (Electrical) from a recognized technical institute/board with minimum 70% marks, while SC/ST category candidates are required to have only pass marks.
Diploma Trainee Civil
- Age – Maximum age is 27 years for General/ ST/ EWS candidates, 32 years for SC candidates and 30 years for OBC (NCL) category candidates.
- Education – General/ OBC (NCL)/ EWS/ ST candidates must have 3 year Diploma (regular) in Civil engineering from a recognized technical institute/board with minimum 70% marks, while candidates from SC category need only pass marks.
Relaxation in upper age will be given as per rules of Government of India. To know more details on the same, candidates are advised to read PGCIL Diploma Trainee (Civil/Electrical) Notification 2019.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Selection Process
- The selection of candidates will be based on their performance in the written/computer-based test.
- The written test shall be objective type in nature conducted for 2 hours.
- The test will consist of 2 parts, where Part-I will test Professional Knowledge Test/Technical Knowledge Test (PKT/TKT) of candidates. This will have 120 questions.
- The Part-II will be Aptitude Test consisting of 50 questions on quantitative aptitude, vocabulary, reasoning ability, data sufficiency & interpretation, verbal comprehension, numerical ability etc.
- The written exam will be bilingual (Hindi and English).
- Each question will carry 1 marks, where for every wrong answer one-fourth marks assigned for the question will be deducted.
Qualifying Criteria for PGCIL diploma trainee recruitment exam
- Candidates from unreserved category have to obtain minimum 40 % marks in aggregate, with 30% marks in both the papers separately to be shortlisted.
- Reserved category candidates should obtain 30% marks in total, with atleast 25% marks in Part 1 and 2 of the exam.
Candidates can choose to appear for exam in Delhi, Dehradun (Uttarakhand), Jaipur (Rajasthan).
How to Apply
- Candidates can apply online through website of PGCIL, www.powergridindia.com
- Click on the link to apply online and register to proceed.
The Bottom Line
Here details are included on PGCIL Diploma trainee recruitment 2019, with link to fill online form and to download notification. Topics discussed include dates, vacancy details, eligibility, selection and other details. We advise you to ascertain eligibility criteria before applying online and in case you still have a question, write it in the comment section below.