JEECUP 2020, popularly known as UPJEE (UP Polytechnic), is a state level entrance examination conducted every year by Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh. The JEECUP exam is all set to be held in third week of April 2020. After a candidate secures qualifying marks in this examination, he can get admission into esteemed colleges in engineering, pharmacy, technology and diploma programmes. Admissions into various private and government polytechnic institutions are also provided in the state of Uttar Pradesh on the basis of scores in JEECUP 2020.
JEECUP 2020 Important Dates
Let’s take a look at tentative JEECUP 2020 exam date. Candidates awaiting JEECUP 2020 application form must scroll down to know important dates for JEECUP 2020.
- JEECUP 2020 application form will be available from the 4th week of December 2019.
- Candidates will be able to submit the online application by 2nd week of February 2020.
- Admit cards for JEECUP 2020 will be available for download from 2nd week of April 2020.
- The JEECUP 2020 exam is to be held in 4th week of April 2020.
- The result for JEECUP 2020 will be announced in the 3rd week of May 2020.
- The counselling process will began from May or June 2020.
You Must Know This about Application Form of JEECUP 2020
Candidates shall remember these points related to application form of JEECUP 2020:
- We have already mentioned that the JEECUP 2020 application form will be released in 2nd week of December 2019 tentatively. But candidates shall frequently visit the official website to not miss on the important updates.
- The only mode of application submission for JEECUP 2020 will be online.
- Candidates must submit the JEECUP 2020 application form before the end date, as online is the only mode of application.
- JEECUP 2020 registration is important, candidates must use a valid mobile number and email id because these will be used as the means of communication.
- AADHAR Number is not mandatory it is optional. If you do not have an AADHAR card yet, you can still apply for JEECUP 2020.
- Incomplete application forms face rejection. Only duly filled forms are accepted so ensure that you have filled all the details correctly.
- Candidates should understand that they can submit just one application for the JEECUP 2020. Submitting multiple applications will be a reason for rejection.
JEECUP 2020 Application Fee
- The candidates belonging to General/OBC categories have to pay Rs. 300 as application fee.
- ST/SC candidates have to pay an examination fee of Rs. 200.
- Candidates can make payment of application fee through either online or offline mode. Online modes of payment include debit card, credit card, and net banking. SBI E Challan can be used for offline payment.
Eligibility for JEECUP 2020
Candidates must ascertain that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for JEECUP 2020. Your application will be entitled for rejection if eligibility is not met. The same is discussed below:
- The minimum age is 14 years as on 1st July 2020 to appear for JEECUP 2020. No upper age limit is announced for the same.
- 10th and 12th or equivalent exam pass from a recognized board/university in India will make you eligible for qualifying exam.
- Candidates shall have completed 10th, 12th or equivalent exam with subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- Candidates applying for JEECUP 2020 must have the domicile of Uttar Pradesh. This is one of the major qualifying criteria.
- Qualifying marks differ with the programmes.
- Candidates applying for diploma in engineering & technology should have minimum 35% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Those willing to apply for diploma in pharmacy shall have at least 50% in the qualifying exam.
- The candidates belonging to ST/SC categories need minimum 45% marks to apply for diploma in pharmacy.
JEECUP 2020 Exam Pattern
Move the cursor down to know the JEECUP 2020 exam pattern in detail:
- The JEECUP 2020 exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode. Only the mode of application is online, so don’t get confused.
Number and Types of Questions
- The JEECUP 2020 paper will comprise of 100 objective type questions.
- The duration for JEECUP 2020 exam will be 3 hours. And remember that it will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Candidates can choose to appear for JEECUP in either of the languages, Hindi or English. Not option to appear in a subsidiary language is available for JEECUP 2020.
- Candidates will be penalized for wrong answers. In JEECUP 2020, 4 marks will be awarded for every right answers and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
JEECUP 2020 Syllabus – Important
- Mostly the questions asked in JEECUP 2020 is based on 10th and 12th class syllabus.
- Sharpen your concepts, as maximum questions asked will be related to 10th and 12th class.
- The questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. And the candidates are required to have them as subjects in 10th and 12th.
- The pharmacy questions will be based on biology and chemistry field.
Preparation Tips for JEECUP 2020
Here we have for you a few important preparation tips for JEECUP 2020, we will discuss a detailed preparation plan in another article. So keep a watch on this space.
- The first step is to understand and study JEECUP 2020 syllabus.
- Second step is to know the JEECUP 2020 exam pattern and marking scheme.
- Draw a study plan that includes proper breaks. Many studies have proved that the efficient way of study is with breaks.
- Now you know the syllabus, pattern and have a schedule to study. It will never let you go bananas.
- If you know the basic right, you are sure to score good in JEECUP 2020. Focus on your 10th and 12th syllabus.
- Another important step is to make use of JEECUP previous year papers. This will not just help you know the difficulty level but also to understand the pattern.
- You must set short-term goals. Test your knowledge after you complete a particular section. You can make use of previous exam papers for the same.
- Appear for mock tests! It is important to analyze your progress and to know the areas where you need improvement.
The Bottom Line
All the important details on JEECUP 2020 are discussed here. As the registration process for JEECUP 2020 will start from 4th week of December 2019 so you have enough time left to plan and prepare for the exam. We will discuss a detailed preparation strategy for JEECUP 2020 in another article so stay tuned.
We wish you all the very best and would love to hear any queries related to JEECUP 2020. Reach us through the comment section.