Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the exam dates for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET). CBSE will conduct the 13th edition of CTET exam on December 8, 2019.
CTET 2019 application form will be released by CBSE in August 2019 for interested candidates so that they can participate in CTET. In this article, we have compiled detailed information about CBSE CTET 2019. Interested candidates can scroll down to know about the eligibility criteria, important dates to apply for CTET 2019 and other information.
CTET December 2019
CTET exam is conducted by CBSE. It is the Central Teacher Eligibility Test introduced by GOI to improve the teaching standard in KVS and NVS. Applicants who clear this examination are eligible to apply for the vacant posts in KVS, NVS and other schools come under the administration of Central Government. So if you want to have your career in teaching then CTET is the right option for you.
CTET exam is divided into two papers; Paper I, for Primary Stage for the teacher to teach class 1 to 5 and Paper II, for Elementary Stage for teachers to teach class 6 to 8.
Primary Stage (Class I to V)
Applicant need to possess one of the following educational qualifications;
- Applicant must have done senior secondary or equivalent with a minimum of 50% and cleared a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education. Candidates in the 2nd year of diploma course can also apply for CTET 2019.
- Candidate with 45% marks in senior secondary or equivalent and passed or pursuing in last year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Passed Senior Secondary with 50% marks and passed or pursuing in last year of four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Passed Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and completed or pursuing in the final year of two years’ Diploma in Education.
- Completed Graduation and qualified or pursuing in the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education.
Secondary Stage (Class VI to VIII)
- Candidate must have a graduate degree in relevant subject with 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. The applicant in the last year of diploma can also apply.
- Candidates must have scored 50% marks in graduation with 1-year Bachelor in Education (perusing candidates can also apply).
- Graduation with at least 45% marks in relevant subject and Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) (minimum one year)
- Applicant must have passed Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and with 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) (qualified or appearing in final year).
- Applicant must have passed senior secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks. And must have passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Applicant must have passed graduation with minimum 50% marks along with passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
If you fulfill the aforementioned requirements then you can fill the online application form to take the CTET Exam 2019. Here are the important dates associated with CTET 2019;
- Online Application Process will start from 19 August 2019
- The Last date to apply for CTET 2019 is 18 September 2019
- Exam for CTET will be conducted on 8 December 2019
- Applicants from the general and OBC category can apply for CTET 2019 by paying Rs. 700/- as application fee for a single paper.
- Application fee for SC, ST and PH candidates is RS. 350/-.
- For both of the exam, the application fee for General and OBC applicant is Rs. 1200/-.
- SC, ST and OBC candidates will have to pay Rs. 600 as application fee for both of the exams.
Candidates can pay the application fee through debit, credit card, net banking or E-Challan.
The online application submission process will start from 19 August 2019 so the link will be activated on that day only.
To reach the official website of CTET, click here.
The article has all the information about CTET December 2019. Applicants are suggested to not to wait for the last date to send their application online and start the process to apply for CTET before the last day.
In case of any further query related to CTET 2019, feel free to write to us in the comment box below. We strive to guide you with the right information.