BITSAT 2020 is conducted every year by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. This is a university-level entrance examination which is held once a year. Through this competitive exam, you get admission into integrated first-degree programs. On securing good scores in this exam, candidates get admission into B.E, B. Pharma, M.Sc Programmes. Through this exam candidates are entitled to get admission in various campuses of BITS, which are located in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
To appear in BITSAT, interested and eligible candidates are required to register online. BITS is one of the most reputed college that candidates sought after. An online examination called BITSAT 2020 is conducted every year.
Scroll down to know details on BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Important Dates
Below are tentative dates for BITSAT 2020. Let’s take a look.
- The application for BITSAT 2020 will be released in the 3rd week of December 2019.
- Candidates will be able to submit the BITSAT 2020 applications till 2nd week of March 2020.
- The BITSAT application correction window will be open for 2nd – 3rd week of March 2020.
- The Allotment of exam center will done on 4th week of March 2020
- The booking for exam slots will be open from 4th week of March – 1st week of April 2020.
- Admit cards will be available to download from 2nd week of April – 2nd week of May 2020.
- BITSAT 2020 is scheduled for 3rd – 4th week of May 2020.
- Admission application process (Based on 12th Score) will be open from– 1st week of May 2020 to 3rd week of June 2020.
- The admission list will be released in the 3rd week of June 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
Below are the details of BITSAT 2020 which you must know.
- It is expected that the BITSAT Form 2020 will be available from 3rd week of December 2019. The forms will be made available online on the website of BITS. Interested must keep checking the official website for more details.
- The only mode of application will be online.
- If you make any mistakes in the online form, you must check the official website for correction window dates to be able to make the corrections.
- The application procedure will remain same for applications form international candidates.
The application fee for BITSAT 2020 is different for male and female candidates. Let’s take a look –
- Male Candidates shall pay Rs. 3150 as application fee.
- Female candidates shall make payment of Rs. 2650.
- The applications who want to opt for Dubai as the exam center shall pay Rs. 5600 as application fee.
- Mode of Application Fee Payment – Candidates can pay application fee either through debit or credit card. The payment through net banking is also possible. Candidates looking for cash payment can also be made by generating pay-in-slip.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested in applying for BITSAT 2020 must check the eligibility criteria before filling the form. Find below the eligibility criteria of BITSAT 2020 –
First-degree Program Expect B. Pharma
- Qualifying Exam – To be eligible for the first-degree program candidates must have successfully passed the higher secondary level or equivalent from any recognized university or board in India.
- Qualifying Subjects – Candidates are required to have passed their higher secondary level with physics, chemistry, and Maths as subject. Also, the appearing candidate should have good proficiency in the English language.
- Qualifying Marks – Only those candidates will be eligible who have scored at least 75% marks in physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Individually candidates should have scored minimum 60% marks in higher secondary.
- Appearing Candidates – The candidates appearing for their higher secondary are also eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020.
For B. Pharma Admission
- Qualifying Exam – Qualifying exam criteria is similar as for the first-degree program. The applicants should have passed their higher secondary examination to be eligible to appear for BITSAT 2020.
- Qualifying Subjects – Besides Physics, Chemistry, candidates should also have biology in their senior secondary to be eligible for admission in B. Pharma. Knowledge of English language will be beneficial.
- Qualifying marks – The qualifying marks criteria is same like above. However, PCB candidates are required to have an aggregate score of 75%. Apart from this candidates mush have scored at least 60% marks in each subject.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for BITSAT 2020 is discussed here. It is important for candidates to know the latest exam pattern to perform well in the exam.
The Exam Pattern of BITSAT will help you in drawing a preparation strategy and will boost your confidence level.
- Examination Mode – BITSAT 2020 will be conducted in online mode only. Candidates must make themselves comfortable for this mode of exam by practicing mock tests.
- Examination Date – The dates discussed here are tentative. Candidates must not miss the official notification to know the exam dates. Keep visiting the official website for the updates.
- Different Papers/Subjects – The BITSAT paper will include questions from sections; Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Logical Reasoning, and English Proficiency.
- Number and Types of Questions – It is expected that like previous year, the paper will have a total of 150 questions from 4 sections. Physics & Chemistry will have 40 questions each, while 15 questions will be on English Proficiency and 10 on Logical Reasoning . Mathematics will be a game changer as it will have 45 questions. The questions will be multiple choice in nature.
- Language of the examination – The BITSAT question paper for the year 2020 will be available in only English language. There is no other language available for the examination.
- Examination Duration – Like every year BITSAT will be have a duration of 3 hours.
- Marking Pattern – Candidates will be penalized for wrong answers. BITSAT aspirants must avoid guess work, as it comes with a risk of losing marks. In BITSAT 2020, 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
BITSAT Preparation Tips
The BITSAT 2020 syllabus is expected to be same as last year. So you don’t need to wait for the official notification to prepare for the exam. NCERT books of 10th and 12th grade are highly beneficial for BITSAT 2020 preparation.
- We advise candidates to work on understanding the concepts and sharpening basic skills. Stick to NCERT books, they are enough to crack BITSAT 2020.
- Make use of previous papers to understand the difficulty level and BITSAT exam pattern.
- Take mock tests to track your progress for BITSAT 2020.
- Practice and revise, they play an important role in determining the success.
The Bottom Line
The details on BITSAT 2020 are discussed, including important dates, application fee, eligibility, exam pattern etc. The official notification is still awaited. Candidates are advised to keep checking this space or official website of BITs for updates.
You can write your queries in the comment section below, we would love to answer them.