The e-Cinepramaan has been launched by the Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry, which is Central Board of Film Certification’s (CBFC) online film certification system.
This initiative has been launched in line with Digital India initiative and the vision of Union Government to improve ease-of-doing business. All this to make whole process efficient and transparent.
The objective of the system is to remove the requirement of human interface from the process and empower good governance through automation of the film certification process.
e-Cinepramaan: Key Features
- The online film certification system will make the process paperless by display status of each application online on the concerned CBFC official and on the dashboard of the producer.
- Producers of short trailers/promos/films that are of less than 10 minutes are allowed to submit their creations online, without visiting CBFC Theatre/Office, for examination purposes.
- Producers of short films that are of more than 10 minutes will have to only show their creation at the Examining theatre.
- The applicants will get information o their application status via e-mail or SMS. They do not have to visit the Offices of the CBFC Offices for application states, but have to visit the offices to collect their certificates.
- The system will notify applicants about any action required and will also provide application receipt for the certificate collection.
- It will reduce chances of any possible corruption and evade claims of biased decisions of Examination committees.
- Under the new system, QR code will be implemented on the certificates for eliminating chances of getting any fraudulent certificates.
- The system has a strong MIS system that help report efficiently and track performance effectively.
- The system also has an inbuilt alerts, which works according to the application pendencies, in order to meet the time limits set by the Rules.